Whats the going rate

satpimp

Too Broad a Question

Photog doing what and where... examples.

Experienced freelance network with or without camera package and sound.

Experienced documentarian/DP

Experienced affiliate staff with or without truck experience.

Experienced corporate or wedding photog with or without post and production capabilities.

Experienced local stringer.

Experienced Paparazzi.

All of these have VASTLY different pay scales and expectation sets. No matter the market, you need to be more specific. Here in Miami that list can be from $25 USD per story to $6000 USD a day and on up to net 120 for actual payment.

I know thats not an answer, but try to be more specific and most likely someone here will have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for.

Good luck,

Omar

Gould

Good points... I was referring to the going rate for a staffer at one of the local stations. Considering getting back into the TV news grind and was curious how little they pay.
My day rate where I am now is $400 per day. Quite a lucrative business.

satpimp

I don't know Richmond. Worked in Maryland as dish for hire, expect it's all still adjunct to DC. My current is Miami.

400 labor is probably higher than you'll get at an affiliate unless you are a rock star at some specialized something.

Staff can run from 30k to 50k a year for the low man. Many stations, in many markets, have cut back overtime which has always been up to double the annual here in Miami.

I doubt work rules have much sway in Richmond which may help if you bring gear to the party.

The other afiiliate demand is: fluency in, and compatibility of, work flow. with growing one man band ranks some stations have done away with freelance. A stringer showed up to feed from my truck for the first time in literally years.

Every market is different. Richmond is smaller than Miami, but proximity to DC can change that math quickly. Just up the road from Richmond 400, labor only, is the price of answering the phone. Getting them to call, and keep calling, thats' priceless.

Good luck.

I was referring to the going rate for a staffer at one of the local stations. Considering getting back into the TV news grind and was curious how little they pay.???