(vo + reporter) x Avid = PKG!

woodsiecam

alrighty kids, let the brainstorming begin... looking for more tricks on how to juice up a video-poor and soundless (except for the reporter) pkg.

*ESPECIALLY* WHEN ON TIGHT DEADLINE!

I'm not talking about a two day edit here... more like an hour or less.

Here's something we tossed together a couple days ago. 3 hour shoot, 1 hour edit...

[b-rollTV]1908[/b-rollTV]

Would have loved a lipstick cam, but ours broke and will not be replaced any time soon.

What have you done with documents? What about creative stand-ups? Any tips or tricks are MORE than welcome!

JoeyO38

Yeah Woodise! You da man, man. Liked the side angle of the papers. Gonna have to steal that shot. Only thing I didn't like was the track where she lists the 'aka' nicknames. It made it a little confusing right off the top and I thought 'what's the point in telling us all their street thug names?' Other than that, it's a 4 hour work of art, deserving to be in a museum. Or at least the J.Woods Hall of Fame.

Latin Lens

Well you kept it moving for a video poor story so kudos for that...I liked the effects you used in the piece...and the standups helped out alot. You probably could have enhanced them with some NPPA flair.

The only thing I didn't like was the intro...the taking away of the documents one at a time wasn't explained and the aliases thing didn't work for me.

But you did a good job with very little. Nice to see you're thinking and trying.

woodsiecam

Liked the side angle of the papers. Gonna have to steal that shot.
Desperation has it's attributes...

Only thing I didn't like was the track where she lists the 'aka' nicknames. It made it a little confusing right off the top and I thought 'what's the point in telling us all their street thug names?
The only thing I didn't like was the intro...the taking away of the documents one at a time wasn't explained and the aliases thing didn't work for me.
Agreed. The failure here was lack of brainstorming a good intro. We tossed a few ideas back and forth, but couldn't come up with a way to get us into the pkg without file video.

Any ideas?