"They just love to skate"

Latin Lens

Not bad, not bad....but also, not great....maybe I am slightly jaded but when I saw you posted a story I got excited...because you have done some great work. But I don't know I think there is so much in these types of stories that can really make it great and awesome and memorable and if you do enough then it can just be good....which is was in this case. You obviously have the skill(s) to gather the elements and tell a good story but because of the potential here of what it could have been...it fell short on me.

Loved the subject matter...great characters...but the presentation and overall flow just seemed off to me. I found the interview with one of the guys shielded from us kinda jarring...I know what you were going for but if didn't play well in my book...I didn't like it or maybe because the first time I saw it it was too fast? It just left a bad taste in my mouth....I think there could have been a better reveal on this and all done from the skatepark...instead of going back to their farm ramp to learn about it....you probably collaborated with your reporter but there are some minor teaks that could have been made on their part to help.

You are definitely a talented photog...there's not much in the way of critiquing your work here on that...it was the structure and actually storytell that fell short. I also have to admit that I just finished showing a Corky Scholl piece (Dreampark) on Youtube to someone to show them an example of something I was referring to...maybe the subject of that piece was/is too similar to yours and I compared the two...unfairly. But watch that piece and tell me it doesn't do the same?

Nice work....keep it coming...I wouldn't even call this a stumble...it still was a rather above par piece.