Texas Reporter who Survives Live Truck Accident Shares Story (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenslinger

Wow. That is something EVERYONE in our business should watch. Reading of a photojournalist's death from afar is one thing, but hearing the first-hand account from an eyewitness is another. Jennifer Cavasos should be commended for sharing her story, and for the actions she took that day. Remember Matt Moore. Look up and Live.

TXPhotog

The Austin Energy Co. had a live truck safety seminar for all the stations here about a month ago. Jennifer spoke there, basically after listening to her account the rest of the seminar which was very informative almost seemed moot. Matt's parents even showed up but didn't speak. I can't imagine what they must have been feeling listening to her recount what happened that day. Although I didn't know him, after listening to her describe him, I'm sure he's putting together some killer pieces in that great edit bay in the sky.

E

<eb>

Originally posted by Lenslinger:
Wow. That is something EVERYONE in our business should watch. Reading of a photojournalist's death from afar is one thing, but hearing the first-hand account from an eyewitness is another. Jennifer Cavasos should be commended for sharing her story, and for the actions she took that day. Remember Matt Moore. Look up and Live.
Lenslinger, I echo your words. Thanks, Jennifer for the courage. This is a must see. Our whole shop, everyone, will all hopefully watch it.

-eb

shootcam

You better bet your ass all reporters and shooters, will all watch the video telling of what went on that day,this week, at our shop. The safety videos and newsletters are all good, but a survivor who gives you the real look and feel of such a tragic event, transends any technical information I have ever seen. I know it may sound clich'e but, I know this tragic accident will stay in my mind, everytime I have to raise a mast, anywhere, for the rest of my shootin days.... Thanks NPPA for sharing something we can all use....

Status
Not open for further replies.