Stringr.com

svp

Anyone shoot and sell video on this site yet? They don't give any info on how much they sell footage for or what the split is with the stringer. I emailed them and I'm waiting for a response. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone here had heard of them and had any info.

beta.stringr.com

svp

UPDATE: I did accept a shoot request through this website just to see if I would get paid. It was a request for 2 minutes of footage of a neighborhood. Took about 10 minutes to shoot then 30 minutes to edit, export, and upload. I was paid $40 next day via Paypal. Probably a good site for college kids needing to make a little extra money but really not worth the time for professionals unless you have some really amazing breaking news footage. You get $40 for each time it sells so if you have something that could sell 20 times or more then it would be worth it. The video stays on their server and could sell again later on much like a stock footage site. I uploaded some stock footage I already had shot so we'll see if any of it sells.

Teddy

UPDATE: I did accept a shoot request through this website just to see if I would get paid. It was a request for 2 minutes of footage of a neighborhood. Took about 10 minutes to shoot then 30 minutes to edit, export, and upload. I was paid $40 next day via Paypal. Probably a good site for college kids needing to make a little extra money but really not worth the time for professionals unless you have some really amazing breaking news footage. You get $40 for each time it sells so if you have something that could sell 20 times or more then it would be worth it. The video stays on their server and could sell again later on much like a stock footage site. I uploaded some stock footage I already had shot so we'll see if any of it sells.
Congratulations! Nice to see you successfully branching out. I know baby steps can be frustrating but you are getting there. Enjoy your success.