SR HD(beta)CAM anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_blank

March 2, 2004
Look here. CBS adopts SR-HDcam :p
CBS HDCAM on BETA

SONY AND CBS PARTNER TOGETHER ON HDCAM SR ***BETA TAPE*** FORMAT PROGRAM DELIVERY SPECIFICATION

CBS Is First Major Commercial Broadcast Network to Adopt Sony HDCAM SR Tape Format for Both Acquisition and Delivery of HD Content

Read it and weep boys!!! :p :p Thomas --- If you could see my face right now!!!! :D CBS HDCAM on BETA

-Now we have CBS Acquisition to be on HDcam SR - the beta tape. :p

-Six months ago "FOX" has chosen HDCAM SR ***BETA TAPE*** FORMAT for program delivery.
FOX delivery on SR HDbetaCAM
The FOX Broadcasting Company has agreed to adopt Sony's high-definition HDCAM-SR technology for network program delivery.

...the unit integrates Sony's highly reliable half-inch tape transport, which is among the features that have made Sony VTRs favorites of operators and engineers around the world.

Maybe FOX is waitin' for a "BETA" 720p camcorder before committing to Acquisition, huh? (just jiving you boys)

--------------------
-We have "most of network" reality TV (wexler video) moving everything SD to IMX-BETA tape.

I think this speaks volumes

----------but never mind, you guys are right! My beloved BETA :D is DEAD!!! The most popular cameras being rented & used are the other brands/formats...

Baltimore Shooter

I read the article, wow, very interesting. High quality picture, high resoultion, 593Mbps data rate, 12 channels of audio, incredable!

Oh, but wait, why would anyone want all that high quality? After all, it's all about the story. Silly CBS, don't they know that mini dv is just fine? Nobody cares about quality anymore
(being facetious, of course)
Warren

Hiding Under Here

CBS shoots "made for TV" movies on film.

No one is predicting that we will be shooting film for news magazine shows in the future.

Are you Ivan?

Status
Not open for further replies.