San Antonio Market

Terry E. Toller

Is there still a stringer market there?? Anyone need a self-reliant staff shooter like maybe an overnight shooter.

I have had it with Taxifornicatia! My social security kicks in in November so part time would even work for me. I love SA and the people there... if you know of anything, please let me know at te2ryto2ler@yahoo.com

JimmyS.

As far as I know... The 'Henrys' still control the overnight stringer thing. I've been out of news for about a year... But I know they did have solid contracts with at least 3 stations. They were raking it in. Don't know what the situation is now, but I still see thier handheld, shakey video on the air all the time. Thier stuff used to drive me nuts in the edit bay. They have a $4k tripod sitting in the back of thier truck, use the damn thing!

Good luck to you! Sorry I couldn't make it to the pizza party last time you were here. Maybe next time.

Terry E. Toller

competition doesn't bother me. besides, if they are as bad as i have been told, no contest... as for a contract, have the stations actually agreed to buy only from them?

JimmyS.

Not sure... I know at my old station we had a contract that in my opinion paid way too much for what we got. Don't know about the others. As far as I could remember, they weren't exclusive to us and we weren't exclusive to them. I mean, how could they complain when they are contracted or sell video to the other stations...It would be nice to see some solid overnight video for a change.

Good luck, Terry.