Richmond, VA JOBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

<Need a JOB>

I've heard the NBC affiliate in Richmond, VA has "3" positions open!?

Whats the deal? Anybody got info. on this?

stroke the hokie

yes..there are 3 open positions..lost 2 to charlotte, nc and another to a county job..good station to work for..i've been here 6 years and i love it..we have a 4pm, 5pm, 5:30pm and 6pm..morning(2 hours),noon, foxhour at ten and 11pm..sounds like alot, but the teamwork makes it not so difficult..great staff that gets along well in and out of work..not a starters market..some experience needed..we operate the trucks as well..market 58(or 60) but the entire market operates above that level..the station is a strong #1 and has been for years

P

<PAY>

Do you know the starting pay for these positions? How much OT do you guys get? Thanks.

stroke the hokie

the pay is the best in the market..you can live here quite comfortably..we are scheduled for nine hour days..take the long lunch or get paid for it..plenty of ot to be had..we average about 8-10 hours built in per paycheck..always more to be had if you want it..generously compensated for being on call with mandatory ot and turn around time on both ends.

P

<photog>

I also work at that station and it is a great place to work. After hearing some of the horror stories about other places I can't believe how lucky I am. This is one of the most professional places I have ever worked. Everyone (reporters, photogs and producers) works together to put the best product out there. The pay is great and there are plenty of opp. for overtime.

KahunaPhotog

Alright, I guess its time I put in my 2 cents...

...WWBT is by far the best station in our market and to be at a station that highly respects a photographer's opinion is just great. As "stroke" said earlier, we had 2 photogs go to Charlotte and one to a county job. With this station, you can learn to shoot at a much higher level in a relaxed atmosphere. If you are looking to go higher in markets this is a great stepping stone to 1-30 markets. But don't get me wrong, Richmond is a great place to live and many who have moved here looking use WWBT as a stepping stone have fallen in love with Richmond and decided to settle down. You say "Too good to be true!" the thing is, we don't hire people out of college, we hire people that can hit the ground running with minimal training. We don't hire slackers or anyone that thinks this is just another job. We look for dedication and maturity, we work as a team and every photographer actually gets to put in their opinion on who we hire. If you send a tape to us, every photographer here will probably see it and review it. Finally, if you get hired here, alot will be expected of you but one thing you can rely on is that no matter what you do, you will have the backing of a great photog staff and News Department.

If you are interested, Click Here.

[ January 11, 2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: KahunaPhotog ]

M

<MD>

I worked there for a couple of years. Good station, but the pay was crap when I was there. They've gone the automation route with much of their studio production, so don't think they aren't looking for ways to cut corners and downsize.

KahunaPhotog

Originally posted by <MD>:
I worked there for a couple of years. Good station, but the pay was crap when I was there. They've gone the automation route with much of their studio production, so don't think they aren't looking for ways to cut corners and downsize.
As "MD" said, the production department got downsized, not the Newsroom. We are looking to fill all 3 positions. The starting pay is strongly based on how much experience you have so its impossible to say what the starting pay is.

stroke the hokie

wow..that's alot of experience..where are you coming from? usually applicants with that much experience choose to go a bit larger in market size..but if you want a comfortable place where coworkers and competing stations get along with each other, this is the place to be..

tresbeez

Originally posted by Long Shot:
Who is this Tara Morgan chick and why isn't she on the HOT REPORTER thread? Is she not really that hot?
i believe she is there young master. look and ye shall find.

i used to work in that market and she is one of the cutest working there.

M

<MD>

Tara's photo doesn't do her justice. She's MUCH hotter on the tube. The other two are OK.

I take it Ms. Morgan is married?

P

<photog>

No, she is not married and this discussion has gotten off topic.

M

<MD>

Screw the topic. I want to nail Tara Morgan!! I live in Richmond and have worked at 12, so it's possible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.