RF modulator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootblue

I have a nice (relatively) 9' color tv. It only has a cable/antenna input. Am I going to lose noticable quality if I run BNC out of my cam to rca at the rf modulator box, and use the antenna/rf output into the tv? It would be used mainly as a reference monitor for interview setups where I do a lot of lighting. I plan on setting it up as monitor should be, as far as brighness, contrast, tint, and chroma. Would love to have a real sony monitor...can't really afford $600 or more. I have an LCD, btw, dont like it a lot.

Menlow

Should work just as good as the RF modulator on a VCR. If you are really picky, you might want to get some good sheilded RG-6 coax to go between the TV and the modualtor to avoid interferance.

M

<my2cents>

I wouldn't use that setup for color correcting or even checking colors at all. It would allow you to check lights, shadows, framing, etc. but I would not trust any RF modulator or consumer grade TV to output true color. You could end up going home with lots of pretty colors but none of which are correct. Suck it up and buy a real MONITOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.