Reporter shoves girl

Baltimore Shooter

I can't blame him. I would have done the same thing if it were me. I mean he was talking about the death of a college football player, not the outcome of the game. I'll bet she felt pretty damn stupid after she saw herself on TV during that story.

Warren

Freddie Mercury

Okay, I smell a double standard. If somebody wants to walk down the sidewalk, they cannot keep us from taking their picture as they walk because they are in a public place. If they put their hand on our lens or touch us in any way we will say it's assault and they can't do that.

Likewise, if a reporter wants to do a liveshot on that same public sidewalk, they have to accept that the public still has a right to be on that sidewalk, and he certainly does not have the right to manhandle someone no matter how obnoxious they are being.

We can use tactics to minimize idiots getting in our shots. We can try to set up a perimiter with caution tape and cones. We can wait until the last moment to turn on our lights and monitor (or leave that off entirely). We can even hire security. We can NOT tell someone they don't have the right to be there, and if we get physical we can expect that assault chicken to come home to roost.

pre-set

I thought the shove was tactful and appropriate. Anyone calling that "assault" is just a littigeous little punk.

I have a favorite saying for friendly people like that dumb b!tch that insist on screwing with liveshots. Here's what you do......

You motion them over to you as politely and friendly as you can. Smile at them, look like you're having a great time....

When they come right up to you, ask them this question....

"Do you ever see me coming down to the whorehouse and pulling the cawk outta your mothers' mouth? Then why are you fawking with me while I'M working"?

It's awesome! You should see their faces!!! If you're really lucky, they'll take a swing at ya, and then you can work out your frustrations with them secure in the knowledge that they started it....

Shot A Load

One could also argue that that girl made unwanted contact with the reporter. I second the "I don't bother you at work" argument.

Icarus112277

Regardless of personal feeling she did have a right to be there and he did not have a right to push her. If any injury reesulted she could sue him. Me, I owuld have bitch slapped him while he was live. Of course I wouldn't jump into a camera shot either but...

Tapeape

i dunno, she moved in fast enough that he could conceivably have thought she was coming for him. He does have the right to defend himself. The "violent crime" video on youtube is another story - don't go chasing them down just 'cause they're being stupid, but if you really think they're coming for you, sure, shove 'em.

Sooner

Typical Buckeye fan. Just kidding, but it all happened so fast he didn't have time to think. You can see he had finished his toss, saw her coming and knew she was a tard, he reacted. Easy to say afterwards that he should have done this or that. What would have been really funny is if he turned and asked her live what she thought of the now dead coach of Michigan. Think you are witty now bitch?

pre-set

Regardless of personal feeling she did have a right to be there and he did not have a right to push her. If any injury reesulted she could sue him. Me, I owuld have bitch slapped him while he was live. Of course I wouldn't jump into a camera shot either but...

So lemme get this straight..... You know she KNOWLINGLY messes with the guy's work, then take offense that he shoves her, THEN say if he shoved YOU (after fawking with him in the first damn place) that you'd b!tchslap him?

(Again, saying that you'd never disrupt his standup in the first place, though.... - I understand that part of what you were saying there)

Dude? WTF? So you wouldn't do it yourself, but if you DID do it and got shoved back, you'd punch him?

Ya know what? I quit smoking this week..... and I'm a little testy, and I have some frustrations to work out. If you wanna play "let's see what happens", then come down here and disrupt one of my liveshots this week. When I shove you outta the way, you can then b!tchslap me..... Just be prepared for what comes next, 'cause it's gonna leave a mark.

Interested? PM me.....

rocky1138

Oh, THAT one! That's a classic! I never get tired of watching that one. :D

Warren
I thought the violent crime one was pretty funny, the end is the best part. Although everyone here knows that it is fake, right? (What reporter holds a mic THAT bad & a photog only do a camera move only once? plus a couple other things a real newsie wouldn't do)

As for this topic, I think the reporter was fine for what he did. Idealy not the best course of action, b/c he & his company could get sued very easily.

But I've had two friends (both photogs) who have been assaulted while on the job. If you know it does happen & see someone coming at you, I think you are justified in reacting physically.

Freddie, I don't think it is a double standard. I think people have a right to be in public places up until the point they are causing a disturbance to other members of the public. I think touching someone or their property (read - camera) is crossing that disturbance line. Making lots of noise, showing body parts reserved for half time show, etc. crosses the line.

If the lady was just standing behind the reporter looking right into the camera & that is what caused the reporter to shove her - very different story. You probably won't have a cop yell at you for annoying someone else.

For the purpose of discussion, how about this... Many resturants have tables out on the sidewalk. If some drunk person comes running up between a waiter taking an order & the watier's table & yells "OHIO STATE!!!" What do you think would happen? Who's side do you think the police would take?

amp

A stiff arm from the reporter would have worked better, and not looked as bad. But, she was an OSU fan, so she deserved it. ;)

INLANDNEWS

That OSU fan probably woke up the next morning and remembered nothing. Liquor has that effect on behavior like that!

elvezz

The reporter is the one making all the commotion.

If it takes that much out of you to push a drunk tiny woman outta your shot, get off the street dude.
His pinched up face is a priceless expression of prima-donna 'how dare you' arrogance combined with the physical body movements of someone who has never, ever had to get down for his lunch card.

That was funny.