RED Epic and a bonus prize for watching

Lensmith

Seeing something like this from those who feel they are the "next generation"...makes me feel quite secure.

Ken

You guys are pretty harsh. I was very impressed by this duo of an 18 year old and 19 year old making their way out to NAB and filling reports and vblogs on their own. At 18 I wasn't doing anything as cool as that. I give them big props. These kids will end up doing very well. BTW, I made plenty of mistakes on this journey... blue video of Jimmy Carter was pretty embarrassing. Showing up to a gig having forgotton the camera was pretty embarrassing. Leaving the tripod plate on top of the vehicle and losing it was not too bright. Pressing the roll button when I was supposed to be down, and then stopping when I was supposed to be rolling looked good back in the edit room. These were all lessons well learned and done once. I'm sure all of you have never made a mistake and came out of the gate perfect.

Douglas

I agree with Ken. Give the guys a break,

I am reminded of the time I hauled all my gear a 1/2 mile down a beach just to find I brought a dead battery. Or how about the time I brought my camera to the shoot, but forgot to bring my 3/4" deck. Or how about the time I was shooting a focus group for a client's new product and I double-punched the record button just before the "big reveal" and missed their reactions. I'm sure if I thought about it awhile I could come up with some even bigger goofs -- but the important thing is I only made each mistake once. I'll bet those guys won't ever make those mistakes again.