Rate my 72 hour 5 min 4k challenge film (Red camera)

Ken

This was posted in the freelance section 2 days ago...that's where I usually hang. I forgot about this part of the forum. Not everyone goes in Freelance!

I have a Red camera. Not the perfect camera for ENG. But it does apply to EFP and many other genres. I've been using it on various projects over the year, some broadcast, some not so much. But I've also been having fun doing narrative work with it.

Post workflow has been an issue but is getting better and better. This past weekend I participated in a Red challenge...a 72 hour 4K challenge. I'm sure some of you have heard and or participated in these before. Usually they are 48 hour film challenges. You get the parameters just before the challenge and have to write, shoot, edit and post within that time period.

Because Red post still can be a bit difficult, the rules for this challenge were extended to 72 hours. We started at noon on Friday and had to post by noon on Monday. I had a good team and I think our film is powerful. I did not operate camera on this (I had rotator cuff surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago...I can't do handheld for a while) but did DP and co wrote it. The story had to be 5 minutes or less and had to contain a certain prop and a certain phrase. We were given a choice of 5 for each. We used 3 of the props and all 5 phrases in our dialogue.

You can watch it at the link below. If you like it, please vote for it. There's no money to win but we'll win a free entry into the next challenge if we win the popular vote. If you like one of the other movies, feel free to vote for that one. I won't take it personal!

I think the camera looks great. What you are seeing is 720P down-converted from 4K. We cut this in FCP and color corrected in Color. Neither me nor the editor is well versed in CC so it definitely could have been better. In any case let me know what you think.

http://www.vuze.com/details/TA3M5GLYMSJO5LVNBU7XWVKFIXMPNZWS.html?a=SWEEK&cat=X&ch=l780&cs=X&ct=X&page=Scontent/BucketBrowse&pb=X&pg=1&pr=X&s=S&st=SAZHOT&t=X&vt=1

Also you can see a behind the scenes video the PA shot here:
http://vimeo.com/2912463

We need your votes. We are in 4th place by just a hair!

Last edited: