Phoenix anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

done

Originally posted by <Hey Beau>:
...even moreso for the arrogant who are celebrating the success of a newsroom they have been a part of for about 9 months...Keep your eyes open We'll be gunning for you...[/QB]
BRING IT, i wouldn't get on this site with my name if i didn't want a little comp... there is nothing wrong with a little trash, so lets see you out-shoot me...

but for everyone else reading this, phoenix is a great place to work wherever you go... i just think 12 is the place to be... so do the viewers...

H

<Hey Beau...>

You don't have to look too far down the dial...I do it every day.

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
Originally posted by spray_it:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's POY stand for? :confused:
Nothing important. ;)

But to rebut something said earlier...

Minneapolis and Denver - SLEEPY? Have you ever been there? I'd put the bad parts of those towns up against any hood in the country as far as danger. St. Paul was the residence of the most entertaining politician in the history of this fine country over the last few years as well. Now Yuma (AKA "Yawn"-a) on the other hand...

texshooter

Originally posted by Tippster:
St. Paul was the residence of the most entertaining politician in the history of this fine country over the last few years as well.
Jesse Jackson lives in St. Paul?

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
Originally posted by texshooter:
...Jesse Jackson lives in St. Paul?
Wrong Jesse... I'm of course talking about "The Gov."

IMHO Jesse Jackson is a pathetic wannabe, the only one worse is Al Sharpton.

L

<LOLLYGAG>

Originally posted by Tippster:
quote: Originally posted by texshooter:
...Jesse Jackson lives in St. Paul?
Wrong Jesse... I'm of course talking about "The Gov."

IMHO Jesse Jackson is a pathetic wannabe, the only one worse is Al Sharpton.
LOL! Correct on all counts!

S

<Shotgunmic>

From the threads I've read about KTVK ch.3 is the photography and the photographers really that bad in the market? I have seen some outstanding stuff from other stations on feeds and on NPPA tapes from Phoenix. Just wondering. I was turn down a job from there and I have a solid tape.

tarzan

Originally posted by <Shotgunmic>:
From the threads I've read about KTVK ch.3 is the photography and the photographers really that bad in the market?
Take a look at the video clips on KTVK's site, www.azfamily.com
It's not that bad, I think the other guys are just bitching because it's not agressively NPPA-oriented. Doesn't mean it's a bad station, certainly not "one of the worst TV stations in the country..."

H

<Helligoflipter>

Originally posted by <nfocus>:
And for NPPA what a joke? All POY are coming from places like Mineapolis or Denver markets that are sleepy.
It wasn't that long ago that several of the Phoenix stations did good, quality, (*gasp!) work and regularly appeared in the NPPA winner's lists.

12's ****head, L.A.-style news director really screwed up that market from a photography standpoint.

I'm glad I turned down a job there. I would've ended up shooting the bastard.

B

<Blatherskite>

I think channel 3 KTVK is crap. The photography is remedial. It's like watching poorly shot wedding videos. Anyone can point a camera and take a picture(or so THEY think.) Besides who are you going to have track it? Those moron desert bunnies that Phil hires over there? No one uses a tripod.... they are lazy...and I don't want to hear any crap about them needing to hurry because they put so much news on the air that they don't have time for solid video. They re-que everything and 75% of the show is CNN feeds. They are a diservice to our profession, are the key culprits in keep the market pay low, and their product is wanting in journalistic integrety and good taste. People ocassionally watch them ,however, much like jerry springer and car wrecks. Don't work there if you want a good career in t.v.

R

<Reavie Sorie>

Blatherskate, I like your style. Correct on all counts. 3tv sucks...n'uff said.

S

<shotgunmic>

People ocassionally watch them ,however, much like jerry springer and car wrecks.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Hey, I was looking at the belo web page and as of 5/30/03 it says, NewsChannel 3 is Arizona's Most watched TV Station. People must be watching Newschannel 3 on many occassions instead of ocassionally. If they are the most watched tv station, how come they are not the number 1 station in AZ?

P

<papafortyfive>

Originally posted by <shotgunmic>:
Hey, I was looking at the belo web page and as of 5/30/03 it says, NewsChannel 3 is Arizona's Most watched TV Station. People must be watching Newschannel 3 on many occassions instead of ocassionally. If they are the most watched tv station, how come they are not the number 1 station in AZ?
Many stations who aren't #1 in the news ratings are #1 from "sign on to sign off" (so to speak) and they promote that fact over the fact that their newscasts aren't in first place.

J

<Jack>

[/QUOTE]You've got to be kidding, right? Having someone else run the live truck for you on all those stupid gratuitous dog-lick live shots that the ND insists on, is a BAD THING?. I don't know about the rest of you, but I studied television journalism to shoot and edit stories, NOT to run a F___in' live truck. In my opinion, (in that perfect world that doesn't exist), a photog should never have to operate a live truck! Ideally, (again, in a perfect world), TV stations should hire people whose specific title is "live truck operator," whose full time job is to drive, operate, and take care of the live truck. I drive and run live trucks when told to do so, but if I would kill for the chance to work at a station where I never had to drive or operate another live truck for as long as I live. :p [/QB][/QUOTE]

Please. Get used to it, truck ops are a dying breed. Some stations are having single photogs running SNG's. Better get that experience under your belt.

S

<sparkster>

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've got plenty of live truck experience under my belt, and I'm plenty used to it. I was just initially under the impression that reavie sorey was saying that having a truck op was a bad thing. I realize they're a dying breed, I was just saying that if I had one, that would suit me just fine.

P

<Phx Vet>

I have worked in this market A LONG TIME, and at more than one media outlet. First, the only reason I stay at 12 is the caliber of people here. I my opinion the only thing 12 has lost is the premadonnas. The artist who need to make it pretty and don't have any idea what story content is about.

I am not upset at the people I have seen leave here over the last few years. Yeah we have our problems with management, who doesn't. But I will put my "working staff" against any other station toe to toe and wage everything on my crews.

O

<Ogive>

Originally posted by <Phx Vet>:
I my opinion the only thing 12 has lost is the premadonnas. The artist who need to make it pretty and don't have any idea what story content is about.
Yeah, 'cause making a story look "pretty" is sick and just plain wrong. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.