PDW-700 & XDCAM 422 Premieres on National Geographic Channel

telecam

Hi guys,

Back in June, Sony's PDW-700 got the highest marks for approval with the National Geographic Channel. Over the summer, I shot a documentary in the Congo which will premiere next week, February 10th at 10pm. The show also goes on prime time, Sat. February 14th at 7pm. All principal photography is shot on the PDW-700 and we used a couple PMW-EX1 for secondary photography. Here is the link to the show overview:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/explorer/3826/Overview#tab-Overview

Enjoy!

Thierry.

Attachments

Last edited:

Matt Box

So what are Nat geo doing with all the varicams they own? Are they still sending crews out with them? I do know they have given up on P2 which is nice to hear.

TimG

Hi guys,

Back in June, Sony's PDW-700 got the highest camera approval rating with the National Geographic Channel. Over the summer, I shot a documentary in the Congo which will premiere next week,
Thierry.
Congrats Thierry,

That must have been a great experience.

I'll be sure to check it out.

Tim

telecam

So what are Nat geo doing with all the varicams they own? Are they still sending crews out with them? I do know they have given up on P2 which is nice to hear.
The Channel is moving to 1080 HD Broadcast so I assume the Varicams are going to be phased out. They are also getting a bit worn-out.

Macro

That is one serious fish! Nice work. I'll enjoy checking out the full version of the show. Congrats on completing the project.

Matt Box

Any Idea if they plan to buy 1080 camera now to replace the varicams? My only problem with working for nat geo is how they try to get ridiculously low gear rental rates because they have their own gear.