NPPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil' Photog

For the record, I'm an NPPA member. I think the organization does a lot of good, but I'm critical of it because I believe it can be much much better.

>>The NPPA is, I believe, about advocating professionalism.<<
I agree. But then again, why do we need an organization to advocate that? Shouldn't we already have that in a professional industry?

>>You say it doesn't function as an advocate? Maybe so. It seldom steps in when you have a run in with a Cop or your Chief changes your scedule to nightside. What a pity. <<
What is a pity is that the NPPA isn't challenging anti-camera-in-the-courtroom laws and other 1st Amendment issues.

They just came out in support of challenging said laws but they still aren't doing anything.

I want to see a legal fund developed so the organization can begin fighting for our rights on a national level and maybe move our industry forward and protect us as a whole.

I'd even be willing to pay an extra few dollars a year to see that happen.

satop

Originally posted by <McColl>
If you don't care about the NPPA enough to try to make it better for having you as a member, why not turn in your free membership card?
How do you get a free membership card? Funny I had to pay 75 dollars for mine.

Shaky & Blue

Originally posted by satop:
quote:
Originally posted by <McColl>
If you don't care about the NPPA enough to try to make it better for having you as a member, why not turn in your free membership card?
How do you get a free membership card? Funny I had to pay 75 dollars for mine.
The person in question got his membership through his station. The station paid for it. It wasn't free, but it was free for the photog.

It's kinda like the station buying you a free cheerleading outfit. They figure if they buy it for you, you might actually learn some cheers to keep morale up when the photogs don't get a raise.

L

<Long Shot>

It's kinda like the station buying you a free cheerleading outfit. They figure if they buy it for you, you might actually learn some cheers to keep morale up when the photogs don't get a raise.

Interesting metaphor.(SP?)

But I like it. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.