New Mobile Workstation from Lenovo with something NEW

Chugach3DGuy

My inner geek mandates that I try to keep up with the advancement of technology and such, and my liking of all things shiny and metallic can sometimes be detrimental to my sanity. Nevertheless, check this out.

I never really thought of IBM or Lenovo as a company that made decent computers for 3D graphics or video editing, but there is a new model out there that looks REALLY impressive. The Thinkpad W700 incorporates a beefy Core2 processor and a Quadro FX graphics card with a full 1GB of video RAM. It also comes with some pretty neat looking color-calibration tools so your display is more accurate. There is enough space inside to fit 2 hard drives in a RAID configuration, and you can also get one with a Blu-Ray burner. However, I think the one thing that really makes this machine stand out is the 5"X3" Wacom tablet built into the chassis. It sits just to the right of the touchpad, which I suppose is great for you right-handers out there, but not so much for south-paws such as myself. In the end though, using a stylus and a Wacom tablet could be much easier to deal with than being stuck with the standard touch pad or even the dreaded Lenovo "nipple mouse" or whatever you call that red thing you diddle with in the middle of the keyboard! Unfortunately, getting the the whole grand package will set you back a little more than $5k. It's pretty darn heavy too, at nearly 8.5 pounds.

Here's a link to see it in all its glory on Lenovo's website.