New City Pool and Social Butterfly

Latin Lens

New City Pool-very well done. Great use of nats with great seamless flow and fading. I know it might be a bit overdone but I think these stories do best with a the "something unusual happening on a usual day" type setup/finish....if you can find it. It can be fairly easy even if you take the people waiting around for the WALK sign to come up...but these people can't WALK because....and its so easy but I think with a simple intro it lends to helping setup the rarity of the event thus hopefully having more impact. Nice visuals...great nat sots. Nice work.

Latin Lens

Social Butterfly-nice feature piece. Excellent photography all around...great nat gathering and usage again here. Again I think, and this is coming because of the last reporter track...."with a big heart"....which lends me to believe that something is slightly missing in this piece. Its great as is, don't get me wrong, but had she not said that I'd probably would not be questioning why am I not getting more "why should I care"...whats the point really....ya'know. Had there been a better "why"...it would have been stellar. Your photography finds interesting shots and angles...good simple editing here can be very powerful because of the emotion behind the video. Kudos.

Thanks LL... i appreciate you taking the time to look over the pkgs. sorry about writing back so late. I'm actually getting a lot of the same feedback with the social butterfly story... that it was almost not complete and left the audience hanging. it wasn't until you pointed it out to me when i noticed. i guess i should be more mindful of what is written as well as the producer and reporter. the anchor intro and tag to the pkg did explain a lot though (i should of added) but it still would of not been enough. this was a feature that our main anchor did before a heart walk 5K she emceed that weekend.

anyway... always a pleasure to look over critiques! THANKS AGAIN!! hopefully i can find some more time to upload stories and see what you think.