New Chief In Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Critique

Don Lyle just got hired as the new Chief Photojournlist at the Fox/Meredith station in Las Vegas.
Don is extreamly talented as a storyteller and leader.
If I did not have such a great gig now I would work for him any day.
For those of you looking at Las Vegas as your next step Don is the one to work with!

McColl

I beg to differ.

He's a total pain in the ass.

Okay, I'm kidding... and maybe a little bitter that he's leaving us. I've known the guy a long time - he stood up for me at my wedding - and I would concur with Dave's remarks. That being said, we've got an opening... and some big shoes to fill.

PhrozenPhoto

So a question slightly off topic... I don't know which station Mr. Lyle came from, but for grins I looked at KVBC's website, since I know a few people that work there. First of all 3 openings for shooters? Let me just say I feel sorry for you guys now, I bet the OT is overwhelming! But the opening for "Car Washer"?? And in the descriptiion is says you wash company vehicles and classic vehicles?? So what the anchor's classic Porsche is washed at the station while he reads his Tele-Promp-Ter? I just thought that was one of the funniest job postings at a television station! Is that like a full time gig with benefits? And what is the average pay for TV Station carwasher?

mknisely

Congrats Don! Don worked with us here at KMSP and WFTC. He is a great individual and it was sad to see him leave, but I knew he was following his heart!

All the best my friend!
Matt

[ July 15, 2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: mknisely ]

Natural Born Stringer

Originally posted by PhrozenPhoto:
And what is the average pay for TV Station carwasher?
The Station Carwasher (or SC) will be the wave of the future of news vehicle maintenance. Instead of using a bucket and sponge, SC's use a box of baby wipes and a q-tip. It's an entirely new way to wash cars.

McColl

Originally posted by PhrozenPhoto:
So a question slightly off topic... I don't know which station Mr. Lyle came from, but for grins I looked at KVBC's website, since I know a few people that work there. First of all 3 openings for shooters? Let me just say I feel sorry for you guys now, I bet the OT is overwhelming! But the opening for "Car Washer"?? And in the descriptiion is says you wash company vehicles and classic vehicles?? So what the anchor's classic Porsche is washed at the station while he reads his Tele-Promp-Ter? I just thought that was one of the funniest job postings at a television station! Is that like a full time gig with benefits? And what is the average pay for TV Station carwasher?
The owner of our station group also has a very big, very cool classic car collection.

jajack71

Does anyone know about the staff at KVWB/KFBT. I sent a resume and heard from the chief. What's the pay like there.What are the working conditions in Vegas ? I see the rent starts around 1000.00 and up per month so I hope the pay is comparable?? I'm from the Midwest where the pay is below market value .

Status
Not open for further replies.