Need some equipment recommendations...

Amnesiac

I need to find a small, fairly inexpensive, great in low light camera that I can mount where it won't be seen. Need it for an investigative piece where we're hoping to catch someone in the act at night. It will be outside. Needs to be something that I can wedge in a tree or hide in a bush or something. Audio isn't an issue here since recording audio without permission is against the law here.

I'm not exactly sure of what my budget will be just yet. I was just told to research it and go to the news director with what I find. They probably won't go for anything that's in the thousands of dollars. I'd say MAYBE $1000 would be the max, but that's me being optimistic.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm also posting this in the product review section.

Thanks!

Lensmith

A suggestion...

I just finished helping my brother in law buy a security camera set up for his hotel in Central America. He needed low light cameras which he could easily mount in trees around the property.

Best Buy offers quite a few systems which might meet both your price point.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=security+cameras+wireless&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

We got him six wireless cameras for less than a thousand dollars and they were VERY good under VERY low light. But...his did not record audio.

Hope this helps.

Amnesiac

Thanks. I'll check it out. Not recording audio isn't an issue since it's against the law here without consent of all parties.