NBC Doesn't accept credit cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baltimore Shooter

I called NBC today to see who to talk to about getting payment on their credit card and all I got was a run around. The guy could hardly speak English. Sorry to sound mean, but if you're going to hire someone who has to talk to people of a certain language, make sure they can speak it fluently. I wouldn't even try to do customer service in Arabic...geesh...

Anyway, anyone know who the conatct at NBC Accts Payable who handles payments on credit cards?
Thanks
Warren

AKinDC

Yeah, most of NBC's financial services have been outsourced to India, so that's who you've been talking to. It can be a challenge. If you don't have a login to the GE Travel Support Services web sites (which as far as I know can only be accessed via NBC intranet) the only way I can find to contact anyone is to call 1-800-645-0365, which is the corporate card hotline.

Ed_Scott

Yes they do, I'm one of the particpants. Seems you're going about this the wrong way. Talk to someone in the finance department within the bureau that you send your time sheets to. If they are confused, have them talk to Allison at the Burbank bureau since she is the one who notified me about the option.

dinosaur

I guess the elephants that are tied to the tree know which tree to bark up.

I've been paid by credit card by NBC for about 9 months from several Burbank and NY unit managers. Expense reports paid to my card account too. The NBC News bureau finance managers are set up to do the same. I guess its a matter of knowing the right people to call.

Baltimore Shooter

I just spoke to Kurt Albinson at CNBC in Englewood Cliffs (their new facility) and he said he's never heard of CNBC or NBC paying any freelance crew through credit cards. Who do you have to screw at CNBC to get paid in a reasonable time???

Status
Not open for further replies.