Lisand Adjust-A-Grip & Panasonic AJ-PX5000G

Fisher

Anyone else tried to mount a pistol grip on a new Panasonic AJ-PX5000G?

Panasonic redesigned the part of the camera where a Lisand Adjust-A-Grip goes. The new design doesn't allow the Adjust-A-Grip to be mounted.

Anyone else run into this?

Wishing Peter Lisand was still around.

ChrisW

Peter Lisand Adjust-a-grip on Panasonic camera

Fisher,
I was able to adapt an Adjust-a-grip which had been on a Sony HDW-F900R to the AJ-PX5000G simply by removing the Panasonic V-wedge and plastic spacer and then enlarging the three threaded holes in the PL plate to 11/32" (9mm). The three holes are the ones which mount the V wedge. I used the old V-wedge along with the three Panasonic screws. The four smaller screws are not needed. If I wanted to use the Panasonic V-wedge, I would have had to grind down the lip around the 3/8" mount. Also, the Panasonic V-wedge was made of cast alloy and half the weight of the original brass one.

Fisher

Thanks Chris, I really didn't want to modify the adjust-a-grip plate, but it sounds like the only way. Thank you for the instructions on how to do it.

satop

does anyone know if anyone still has a grip to buy. I know they aren't made anymore, just wondering if any shop has one on a shelf they want ot sell?