I've seen a lot, but not lately

bluffton

Cross my heart, hope to die... They stuck a needle in my eye! Well, that's not a needle, it's a measuring stick in the shot. I have a ruptured blood vessel in my left eye and it has made seeing absolutely bizarre! Kind of a "fish eyed" blurry mess really. Thank goodness it isn't in my dominant eye (my shooting eye for that matter).

The doc said it is from a fungus I got when I was a kid, and is now catching up with me. How are they going to clean this up? They used a diabetic needle to inject a antibiotic. This was cool, Yes painful, but I saw the waves go through my eye as he did it.

It's been fun looking at things with my eye. But it started getting into my central vision... That is not so fun. Anyway, I have to go through a few more treatments for this to be all better.

The bright spot is my optical nerve, the fuzzy dark area where the measuring stick ends is my central vision and that little cellular blob next to the stick is the leakage.

Fun huh:D

bluffton

Here's what I see

I just made this in FCP so you can see my pain too. Close your right eye and look at my focal point. Yep, That's what I see!

TexasDave

Sounds like you have beer googles without the hangover!

Seriously - I hope it clears up. What's the recovery time like? Are you shooting still?

bluffton

Shooting Away

:)The Doc said every six weeks I will be reevaluated and given a shot in the eye until it is cleared up to both of our satisfaction. It mostly a bother, I still see 20/20 our of the eye. But neither eye wants to work together.:confused:

:DIt's not my shooting eye, so I'm good there, it's just that things close to me are "funny mirror" looking to the right of my center of vision.:D

I just thought it (the px) was cool looking and wanted to share.

leftcoastphotog

At first...

I thought it looked like Jesus and then you could sell it on ebay and make thousands...
But then I realized that it looked more like MR and that you would make nothing.
JK, I hope it clears up well
Lcp

Canonman

I thought it looked like Jesus and then you could sell it on ebay and make thousands...
But then I realized that it looked more like MR and that you would make nothing.
JK, I hope it clears up well
Lcp
I thought it looked like one of those alien embryos you see in sci-fi movies.

cm