Grocery store

cyndygreen1

Flows quickly and smoothly...good pacing on the editing. Realize you're moving quickly, but a tripod would have been nice for the interviews. And what IS that popping sound? It adds to the intensity but I can't figure out what it is... was it a nats on scenes or something added in post? Overall summary: good strong start, kind of slows down at the end.

photoguy603

By popping do you mean the cash register beep? I don't add any extra sound effects in post I use the nats I get when I'm there. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!

Latin Lens

I like what you did...pretty good job overall getting some good nats really helped you out. I like these kinds of stories because you can build a theme around the issue and using a nat pop at the right moment really helps.

Not to be too nit picky but I just want you to see some different perspective in case you ever get a quick nat to build around again. I love the cash register cuz its quick yet powerful...so try to best utilize when the reporter says a word related to ringing up like purchase, buy, sell, etc. Here's an example:

Your story:
"...are confident they could do just a good job of selling alcohol...[beep]"

So my thought when building a theme around a quick nat...is again to use the nat next to the accompanying word it sounds and will flow just a tad better.

My choice would have been and it wouldn't require that much effort cuz its quick enough to get in before the reporters next word normally:

"...are confident they could do just as good a job at selling [beep] alcohol...."

Its such a subtle change but I think it has major impact. Give it a try and hopefully you'll notice a difference...and use that technique when you have an oppurtunity. But be careful to not over do it...could get annoying depending on writing but its a good place to talk with your reporter about so he's/she's mindful of your vision. Good effort and you did help make a boring story more entertaining. Nice job.

photoguy603

thanks for the feedback as always! I take everything you guys mention into account on my next shoot! You can never stop learning!

NEWSSHOOTER3

Serv·ice·a·ble

This is the kinda effort I would expect from every photographer, every day, but (sadly) rarely see. I think it was a decent effort. I liked that you tried to quick pace the story and that helped. I thought you had some color balancing issues in a few places, especially with your top light. I think some steadier tights would have helped out a lot. More stuff on the stix, if possible. Less shake, more bake.

But, like I said, this is better than average, so not bad. Keep up the good work!