First day of Football Practice.

Latin Lens

Nice job....it was a good story so the interest factor was there for me.

Couple things.....the opening was great but because of the length of the first coach soundbite, I think you had room for a quick nat, then cover the end.

At the point when track was talking about the symptoms...would have liked to have seen a tight shot of anther sweaty face or someone obviously breathing hard.

The stand up was good....it was the shot AFTER that caused it to look weird. The play was halfway through and the next shot was a play starting....could be considered a jump but it just didn't look right. It would have needed the action to move out of frame in order for your sequence to work.

How come no shots of someone spouting water? There's the nat break you could have used during the coach soundbite? And move away from the field a little to get some more variation....shoot a superwide from the stands.....go behind the goalpost and macro focus on the pole to blur the players practicing....little things that would help make your good story better.

But overall a good job.....

TXTechPhoto

Nice work! I really liked the opening and closing shots! Your photography is sick, very clean images! Nice sound editing, I loved that rumble sound during the second nat hit! The pacing was well done during the majority of the piece.

However to be nitpicky, the video editing was a little jumpy to me. I thought there could have been a few more cuts during the intense moments. You really shot it well, but some of the sequences were jarring and the edits just did not match well for me. For example, the shot coming out of the stand up and the cutaway coming out of the trainer soundbite, it broke the axis and it is a jumpcut. Just get a few more tight and reaction shots, and those can really smooth those edits out.

Again, nice work! Your photography is very polished.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Standup Timing

Yeah... not a bad piece. One thing that stood out is... maybe a better sense of continuous time around the standup, would have been cool. The shots were all pretty well composed & the overall timing was not bad.

Overall, is shows a pretty good knowledge of the craft.
:)