Fire Breaker

photoguy603

This fire broke out at 9:30pm, we did a live vo that night (10:30) then I came in and did this folo the next day.

It was shot quick. I get in at 2 and my reporter rolls in at 2:45. We had a 6:30 spanish to shoot for this story as well. The b-roll was the same but had to get different sound and be live for that show before writing and editing this pkg which aired at 10:30pm.

http://bit.ly/1y5eEIb

Latin Lens

Stellar job...really. Great everything in this. But fire's can be easy considering it naturally makes for good video with flames and such. My only knock is the mayor soundbite at 1:31-ish...really rough sound edit there. Fade that in and it probably woulda sounded way better. But great shooting and nat gathering. Spectacular video and the reporter presented it well. Definitely a top 3 resume tape story for sure.

Last edited:

photoguy603

Thanks for the feedback. I HATED the mayor sound. I didn't shoot it and we were told it HAD to be included. There was a TON of background noise because it was shot at his re-election campaign announcement. But I agree with you, could've sound better if it faded in a bit more. thanks for checking it out!