Final Cut Effect Keyframes

AKinDC

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of switching from Avid to Final Cut, and I've got a question about keyframing when dealing with motion effects.
Let's say I want to do a simple move on a still picture. In Avid, when I bring up the effects window, the clip I'm editing automatically starts with a keyframe at the first and last frames.
In Final Cut, when I go to the motion tab I have to manually put in a keyframe at the first and last frame before I can do a simple move.
Is there any way to get that kind of auto keyframing in Final Cut?

AKinDC

Ideally, Motion is the best way to go, but I'm looking for simplicity and speed.
Any way to automatically keyframe the first and last frame of a clip within Final Cut?

Xchroma

how are you doing it now?

there are a couple ways of doing it. Keyframing is quick and easy when you just go to the 1st frame in the canvas and click the little keyframing button right below the canvas window. it has a diamond on it. then go to the end and click it again. Something tells me you've been doing through the motion tab in the viewer window. That takes too much time.

AKinDC

there are a couple ways of doing it. Keyframing is quick and easy when you just go to the 1st frame in the canvas and click the little keyframing button right below the canvas window. it has a diamond on it. then go to the end and click it again. Something tells me you've been doing through the motion tab in the viewer window. That takes too much time.
Ah...that's very helpful. Thanks!