FCP Setup Question

n8riggs

Here is my project. I am using .mov files to create a 30 second montage through Final Cut Pro. I am trying to find the best start up setting (DV-NTSC FireWire Basic, HDV 720p24, DVCPRO PAL, etc.) so when I export the project, they won't have any black bars on the side, on the top, bottom, no black trim at all. I want a 4:3 .mov file but I can't seem to export my video and not get black bars on the side. Any suggestions?

AKinDC

Here is my project. I am using .mov files to create a 30 second montage through Final Cut Pro. I am trying to find the best start up setting (DV-NTSC FireWire Basic, HDV 720p24, DVCPRO PAL, etc.) so when I export the project, they won't have any black bars on the side, on the top, bottom, no black trim at all. I want a 4:3 .mov file but I can't seem to export my video and not get black bars on the side. Any suggestions?
If you're starting from scratch, go to Final Cut Pro/Easy Set-Up
Select NTSC under Format, and DV-NTSC under Use

This will not change the settings in a sequence that is already being used though.

To change a sequence that you are already using, right-click on your sequence icon, go to "Settings", then under the "General" tab make sure your aspect ration is NTSC 4:3

Let me know if you're still having troubles.

n8riggs

If you're starting from scratch, go to Final Cut Pro/Easy Set-Up
Select NTSC under Format, and DV-NTSC under Use

This will not change the settings in a sequence that is already being used though.

To change a sequence that you are already using, right-click on your sequence icon, go to "Settings", then under the "General" tab make sure your aspect ration is NTSC 4:3

Let me know if you're still having troubles.
That was the problem and I got it resolved. Thanks a ton!