Dead like Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis

If you saw Dead Like Me last friday, they were wondering...Why am I here?, so...
Why are you here? (planet earth or wherever you live))
Why are you a tv news photographer?
what's your mission in this planet?

are you comfortable about who you are and what you do for a living? or do you think your dream job is 'out there'?

anyway, may be you wanna win a job to die for...
http://www.showtime.net/deadlikeme/

:D

N

<newscam>

never seen that series thanks for the link
Why are you here?because I think I have a commitment of service
Why are you a tv news photographer? well, I like tvcams and be where the action is
what's your mission in this planet?service I'm sure

are you comfortable about who you are and what you do for a living? with ups and downs but yes
or do you think your dream job is 'out there'
I'm ok this way

Dave McCain

Why am I here? To make a difference.

Why are you a TV photog? I couldn't find a better way to meet girls ( yes, that's the original reason I got into this business. It worked too!! ). Seriously though, as maturity and experience grew, I realized then I could get people's attention on serious issues. For example, I won a proclamation from the Govenor of Nevada, just for saying, on the air, that all Nevadans should have a fire fighter apreciation day ( Reno fighters had just knocked down a really nasty burn near the town, days before I made that statement ). Again, you can make a difference here in this profession.

What's your mission? To get people's attention and hope they will make the right decisions with the information I give to them. At least, I try to do this . . .

Am I comfortable with what I do? As long as I treat people in front of my lens as human beings, I am totally comfortable. People, good or bad, have stories to tell. We're here to tell them.

Dream job? You can have an answer if you e-mail me ( haha. . .photog_for_fun@hotmail.com ). Otherwise, the job itself is not the dream. It's the positive things that happen IN your job that inspires you to pursue dreams. I have a beautiful wife, two kittens ( who act like children ), a great place to live, good work. . .the job helped get these things. I love the work. But it was my work ethic that made me appreciate everything that came my way. This may sound confusing. So look at it like this: If you hate your job, you will have a negative attitude toward ANYTHING else. It happened to me once. So I realized that with a good attitude, and a stronger work ethic, I could, pretty much, have whatever I wanted if I stayed focused. As a result, I am now more inspired to do greater work. :cool:

satop

Why am I here? Because I have no where else to go!

Why am I a TV News photographer? Because when I was in high school I would go to football games. I always saw the photographers on the sidelines and I thought that looks like a cool job. When I got in college I fell in love with videotaping events and I knew this was the job for me, and like newscam said I like being were the action is.

My mission on this planet is probally like most peoples...to live a happy life, have kids, and share with them what you know.

are you comfortable about who you are and what you do for a living? or do you think your dream job is 'out there'?

I am comfortable with what I do, I believe people want to know what is happening in the world, and in this day and age most people are not going to read a newspaper every single day. They might read the sunday paper or catch up on some headlines that may have caught their eye during the week, but on daily basis I think people get their news from TV, the radio, or the internet.

About the dream job I don't think a dream job really exists. I like were I work, would like to make more money...who wouldn't, but all in all it is a good place to work, but there are a bunch of people at my shop that are not happy at all. I think your dream job is whatever you make of the job you are in right now. Don't complaine or worry about things you can't control.

W

<WHIZkid>

Why are you here?
You mean here on B-roll net? Duh, 'cause I'm a news photog.
Why are you a tv news photographer?
Because I messed up everything I touched as a master control op. "they" figured it was whare I could do the least amount of "damage".
What's your mission in this planet?
Well, I probly shouldn't tell ya-all this, but, I'm here to gather information, that will aid in the take over of earth, and all it's life forms! On the bright side of all this is, when the others come, we will bring back Elvis! ("Elvis is not dead, he just went home")

canuckcam

Awww jeez.....

"We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States."

Can someone "in the united states" tell me what this "dead like me" is all about?

Luis

Polkaroo, you don't need to be in US to watch Dead Like Me, I used to watch HBO, Showtime,Cinemax and other movie channels with a public acces antenna, in Colombia is almost free because the regulations about this subject is a game lost to US -sorry tv executives- almost anyone with a small equipment can get it, and knowing the acces codes, yes is unlawful but what in colombia isn't.
ask your cable company about how to get it.
Go to www.showtime.net and go to dead like me, and then 'about the show' link, to know what is this all about....and in the last episode(air tonight too)they ending asking themselves 'why am I here'?, so I was thinking that I can find good answers about why are you here?, (not b-roll, here, planet earth, US, or wherever you live)and why are you a photographer,etc...
:cool:
thanks for you interest

by the way, this show is funny and ironic, just to give you an idea...

Luis

Polkaroo they (showtime) make the production process of this series in Vancouver-Canada, may be someone you know can tell you more about the show and how to get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.