Davis & Sanford Provista 7518 Tripod w/ W3 Dolly

svp

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/243272-REG/Davis_Sanford_PROVISTA7518B_Provista_7518_Tripod_w_FM18.html
I recently purchased this tripod not knowing what to expect. I had previously purchased a Pearstone VT2500, which is in the same price range, and was very dissappointed. The Pearstone basically fell apart after 6 months and was too lightweight and flimsy to begin with. I just needed a solid tripod for smaller cameras and didn't want to spend thousands for a bigger set of stix.

Enter the 7518. I have to say, I was very impressed as soon as I opened the box. This tripod is very sturdy & stable, even though a bit heavy, and the head was impressive for a tripod in this price range. Of course, there is no way to set tilt or drag resistence, but you can't expect that feature in this price range. The tripod is rated up to 18lbs but I think could hold a heavier camera. I've shot quite a bit with it lately and, to me, its nearly as good as any other tripod in the $1500 - $2000 range. The only thing I really don't like about it is the tilt lock is on the right and the pan lock is in the back. I would prefer the tilt lock on the left and pan lock in the front but that's a small issue to me. The bubble level is very nice, unlike on the Pearstone VT2500. The included W3 dolly is much nicer than I was expecting. On a hard surface, its easy to get steady tracking shots without the need for a rail system. The padded bag was nicer than I was anticipating also. The dual handles make this a great low price studio tripod and you can easily take off one handle for all other applications. For the price, I'd definitely purchase this tripod again and would recommend it to other shoots looking for a good tripod at a cheap price.