Cinemacraft Encoder MP - 1st Impression

TimG

Hello all,

So I've played around a bit with the Cinemacraft Encoder MP and it is definitely the superior to anything else I've found for the mac. I tried the demo for the Bitvice encoder and it was slightly better than Compressor but inferior to the Cinemacraft. CCEMP cleaned up a lot of compression artifacts that neither Compressor or Bitvice seemed to be able to handle so it justifies the premium over Bitvice. Still the drawback is that if you use multiple passes (say 12), convert interlaced to progressive and apply a gamma correction the encode time is counted in hours if not days. . . . on a full length project of 90 minutes it would certainly be days.

I still need to do some more testing so I'll throw out another post in a week or so but I wanted to get something out there as there are hardly any reviews for the CCEMP and none that actually compare it to other products on The Net.

Tim

McFly

Wow, that is awesome to hear! I remember reading about CCE on Ken Stone's site and thought it was a 'must have' item.
I'd love to see the difference in video between something encoded by Compressor versus that of CCE.

Sounds like it is worth the $800 price tag?