can anyone help.

At the scene

Reaching out to anyone from the Baltimore market. Sinclair broadcast co. has purchased a station that I had worked some time back. My friends there are trying to figure out what format and cameras the Sinclair station WBFF is using. This station I used to work for are using p2 and heard word of a possible change but were never told by new company if they are going to change at all. I believe they probably just trying to find out what they could possibly face. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

satpimp

From the B-roll.net Market Info database:

Primary Format: P2 Edit System: Avid NewsCutter News is shot in 16x9 SD
3 ENG Trucks 1 SNG Truck
Station Base (without OT): $35,000.00 Overtime is allowed. Take-Home Vehicles are allowed for some photographers.

svp

Most Sinclair stations are P2 and shoot on HPX370's. Sinclair has been AVID Newscutter as long as I can remember. Some of the newly acquired stations are still on whatever format they were on when Sinclair bought them. On this board, some photogs are Sinclair stations have said they recently got new cameras and they were the JVC 890's. Who knows what direction Sinclair is going. I know we just got the HPX370's about two years ago but the technology is changing so fast that a change may be coming for us too. Our station is preparing to make the jump to 4k within a few years so who knows. One nice option with the 890's is you can plug in a USB 4G modem, set the cameras up to connect to a server back at the station, and editors can log into your camera remotely while you are shooting and download your video without the need for you to stop and feed it. I know we're also looking forward to future cameras being able to connect via bluetooth to the reporters iPad, possibly through an app, so that the reporter can log proxy video with timecode on their iPad without the need to pull a card or use the camera to log in the field. That has to be coming soon.

At the scene

Most Sinclair stations are P2 and shoot on HPX370's. Sinclair has been AVID Newscutter as long as I can remember. Some of the newly acquired stations are still on whatever format they were on when Sinclair bought them. On this board, some photogs are Sinclair stations have said they recently got new cameras and they were the JVC 890's. Who knows what direction Sinclair is going. I know we just got the HPX370's about two years ago but the technology is changing so fast that a change may be coming for us too. Our station is preparing to make the jump to 4k within a few years so who knows. One nice option with the 890's is you can plug in a USB 4G modem, set the cameras up to connect to a server back at the station, and editors can log into your camera remotely while you are shooting and download your video without the need for you to stop and feed it. I know we're also looking forward to future cameras being able to connect via bluetooth to the reporters iPad, possibly through an app, so that the reporter can log proxy video with timecode on their iPad without the need to pull a card or use the camera to log in the field. That has to be coming soon.
Thanks SVP! All this technology sounds great but you know what it screams to me. More work!! A lot more work for no money. Just think " no need for you to stop and feed" I can hear the bean counters now, I think they can do 5 stories a day since all this new technology has arrived.

It's no wonder that "Broadcasters" as the source calls us is ranked as the top 5 worst jobs right behind Newspaper reporter. So glad I left TV news when I did but the grass isn't always greener!! 10 more years until retirement age, cant come quick enough. ;) ;)