Business Booming in Bad Economy

Latin Lens

Alright...you had a decent story here so thats a plus. I can tell you can get the basics (various shots and nats) and thats also a plus. But I can tell this story is missing something...its a B in my book....maybe its the reporter or the lack of a good character...but it just seemed rather boring. You gathered all the elements well..it just didn't have enough of a story to really get me sucked in.

I will suggest that you find a way to work outside in...literally and figuratively. You needed a better opening like maybe a outside shot with traffic going into the store to help setup the fact that this store is getting busy....once inside do your thing....the story kinda jumped around video wise with not enough reason to but that comes from reporter writing (example...Ardovino is working on a shoe and then he's at the register)...so there needs to be a better transition to that kinda of stuff. You also needed a better closing shot to help tie it off....think about when shooting...the opening and closing are very important. They set up and close the piece...draw you in and then leave you satisfied. Keep working on those concepts to improve...get involved in the writing and structure of the story if you can with your reporter(s). Good job.