Beltpack,Sling Pack, Backpack?

NoJobTog

I just bought a camelpack backpack. So far I have been pretty happy with it. It has enough space for all my odds and ends, rain gear, adapters, cables etc. I can even stick a prolight and stand in the side pocket.

I shoot a lot of independent stuff, and have had a hard time carrying my camera, Tripod and light into a building all in one trip and this seems to work well.
As far as the camelpack bladder goes, I fill it with ice at the begining of the day, which supplies me with cold water throughout the hot summer days.

I keep my spare batteries and adapters, lens wipes, head phones, etc organized in old tape cases. With all the stuff I keep in my pack I still have room to keep one of the big brick anton bauer batteries in there as well.

http://www.rei.com/product/749982

Ben Longden

A lowePro backpack. it has all my audio gear. Tripod on the left shoulder, Camera in my right hand and backpack... balanced enough to avoid injury.

Ben

Ben Longden

A re-porter.

"Someone who usually stands in front of the camera and says a heap of words, trying to tell a story that means something with your vision.

When not standing in front of the camera, is best suited to carrying tripod and audio bag, from the office to the truck, to the gig and back again."

Anonymous.

Ben

keef

Ahh "Re-porter"! I love that, wish it were true. My apologies thru-the-lens, I'm a little slow sometimes. Ben, thanks for the clarification. But seriously what are you guys using?

Re-Porter

A re-porter.

"Someone who usually stands in front of the camera and says a heap of words, trying to tell a story that means something with your vision.

When not standing in front of the camera, is best suited to carrying tripod and audio bag, from the office to the truck, to the gig and back again."

Anonymous.

Ben
I've heard a similar description.
Porter=person who carries things Re=to do over and over again

justFRED.ca

R2D2

Beltpack,Sling Pack, Backpack? What do you use to carry your batts, mics, etc?
We call our little rolling storage unit R2D2 (it's the grey unit in the pic below). It has two sections (large one on the bottom / smaller one on top - held together by large plastic snaps) - a pull-up handle - a pair of wheels - and two small side bins with covers on the top section. The bottom usually holds power / a/v cables, gaffer tape, and other odds and sods. The top is large enough for small lights, a laptop, and other less bulky stuff. As you can see from the pic, our soft camera bag fits nicely over the pull-up handle. Cart handle in one hand, tripod in the other, I've hauled it up stairs, escalators, onto trains. Not sturdy enough to trust to airline baggage handlers, but excellent for car and train travel.

A little bubble pack around fragile gear helps. We've never had any breakage of stuff in the cart - with a close call when someone decided to help out by packing gear, then forgot to close the connection snaps that hold the top / bottom sections together...

It's made by Stanley, but there are plenty of other similar rolling tool / work carts that are ideal for hauling camera gear.

Cheers,
George