W'Less Receiver Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSussman

Anybody out there have a solution for mounting a Lectrosonic receiver to a camera with something other than the Anton Bauer/Lectrosonic box and/or velcro? I'm just curious what options exist.

Thanks,
David

thru-the-lens

Spot welding? Just kidding.

I have seen zip ties used to hold them onto the camera. You just have to make sure you still have access to the battery compartment.

thru-the-lens.

Lensmith

To carry two recievers on my camera, I use velcro on the Anton Bauer side plate to hold one, then using zip ties, I mounted the second receiver in a custom leather pouch made to fit my Lectro. the ties fit into a couple of holes on the AB plate, cross over the top of the battery and attach to the top of the leather holder...which is made with leather the same thickness as you'd find on a good gun holster.

Does that description make sense?

The leather holder was made at a saddle shop. Yeah, that's right, the kind of place you will probably only find in areas of the west or horse country.

It was pretty cheap to have made and the thing has lasted forever. My Porta Brace cover keeps it from flapping around behind my head and changing batteries is fast and easy. I modified it a bit to use without the PB cover. An old raincoat string with the plastic adjuster now runs from the bottom of the AB plate, under the battery and through the base of the leather holder. I adjust it so it's tight. Loosen it quickly when it's time to swap the batt and cinch it back in place after the change.

I've always thought zip ties never got the credit they deserved for all the creative ways you can use them...besides for keeping cables bound together.

shoot da parrot

I was thinking the other day of just sewing an extra compartment on the back side of my portabrace cover with a hole in the bottom for the XLR.

JTFCM

Portabrace makes a dual holder that fits on a Anton bauer brick, if you are using bricks...sorry I can't remember where I saw it, maybe B&H.

Status
Not open for further replies.