where to buy?

Imachief

Depends what you're looking for...

Kennedy's ENG/EFP in Euless, Tx (Dallas suburb)
If they don;t have it...can't get it; you don't need it. (817)-283-8321 (kenndyseng.com)

Photomart in Orlando, FL. (photomartusa.com)
These are my major suppliers...camera batteries,lighting equipment, wireless parts, etc.

Other batteries & expendables...Eclipse lighting.

Best tip. Don't be afraid to shop around & compare prices. Helps to keep a log of who's cheapest of certain items, who has best service, etc.

Another thought...on certain items like tripod parts...it might be a good idea to set up an account with the manufacturer directly. Sometimes you get better pricing.

Work the web & the phones, you'd be amazed at the savings. :)

oldman

don't forget film video equipment in denver... they are happy to try and beat anybody's price...and usually do!

NEWS_HAWK

Kevin,

I have found also that Studio Depot and Film Tools in LA, plus TECNEC is a good place to get weird and wonderful stuff. I get PROCELLS from Duracel on line. Tape stock is best negotiated with local rep for who ever your cameras are manufactured by.

hunt tv

Kevin,
I know that this is an old thread but here's my two cents. Buy where you have a relationship with salesperson or can develop a relationship with one. I have sources that will loan me stuff at no cost, carry a bill for a month, and call when they think they can save me money. Sometimes going on the cheap can kill you...."oh,...I forgot ..shipping is 300 bucks"..or "yea...we will get to your repair when we get done with our regular customers"...Shop around but use your head.
Keith

kfatica

LONGLENS said:
Where do you buy your supplies, batteries, mics, etc...
Custom Supply:
www.mediasupplystore.com
They have great prices and the sales staff are quite knowledgeable.

ENG Gadgets:
www.enggadgets.com
I have also found ENG Gadgets a good place to purchase my Miller Support gear as well as other high-end items. Dee Ann Boone is a supporter of the NPPA and is really sharp.

Hope this helps, even though this is an old thread.

Best,
Kim.

SandRat

Battery Express has good prices and can special order...even beats B&H on PortaBrace.

2885 North Berkeley Lake Road Northwest Suite 5
Duluth, GA 30096-4343

(770) 622-2511