Where do you sell your used gear??

BluesCam

I have used ebay with mixed results. They are charging a higher commission and they are allowing the buyer 45 days to decide if they want to file for a return. I have sold a few things on Craigslist, but certain items don't move on there.

Anybody sell to a broker like B&H, the Broadcast Store, or Adorama?

Thanks.

BluesCam

I am not familiar with the Greene List. Do you have a link? I used to sell in the classified section of TV Technology, but I don't see that section anymore.

Thanks.

Douglas

I check the classifieds every day just in case someone posted something more recently than two years ago. I'm hoping to get a steal on a Betacam, an SD monitor, and maybe some UHF wireless mic systems one of these days.

Tv Shooter

*sigh*....and we wonder why Doug's stand up career fizzled. Just trying to help boost Kev's classified section a bit.

If I had anything to sell that was worth anything, I'd probably have my local dealer sell it for me (like the Blackmagic camera) since they can deal with the tire kickers, numb nuts and lowballers. The amount of commission I paid was well worth avoiding the hassle of 8724 people responding to a Craigslist ad, 7312 that want to talk for 45 minutes about it, the 4823 that say they'll think about it, and the 8721 that will ask me to take 1/4 of what I have it advertised for. Not to mention the 834 that will "be right over to look at it", and the 256 that actually show up, of which 251 don't have the actual money to buy the thing anyway, and ask if I could do a payment plan for them.

Or Barbara at Newprovideo.com. She specializes in used gear.

BluesCam

"Or Barbara at Newprovideo.com. She specializes in used gear."

Yeah, but she wants everything, but a background check to sell anything.