What the deal in Fresno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

<looking casual>

Seems every couple of weeks there are a 3-5 positions posted on TVjobs from KGPE. Is it high turn over or highly selective hiring. Anyone know what it's like there, managment ect.....

K

<KGPE>

I don't work there, but I can tell you what I know. The pay is among the lowest in the market, the work environment is not so hot, and they're a distant last place in the ratings. That having been said, they have some good people there that turn out a respectable-looking product (despite being under-funded and saddled with Parkervision). They've also been sold 4 times in as many years. I would advise against making KGPE your first choice for a Fresno station. I hope this information helps.

S

<Sand bag>

Originally posted by <KGPE>:
I don't work there, but I can tell you what I know. The pay is among the lowest in the market, the work environment is not so hot, and they're a distant last place in the ratings. That having been said, they have some good people there that turn out a respectable-looking product (despite being under-funded and saddled with Parkervision). They've also been sold 4 times in as many years. I would advise against making KGPE your first choice for a Fresno station. I hope this information helps.
1) What is the pay range then for photogs?
2) Who is the current ownership of the station?
3) I recall reading a few years ago on here about a Fresno station that makes photogs wear ties. Was this the station?
4) What is like to live in Fresno?

Status
Not open for further replies.