WFAA

svp

When I left Dallas in 2012, significant changes were being made at WFAA. Long time reporters, anchors, and staff were leaving and being replaced with greener (and cheaper) people. At that time, as far as photography goes, they were the lowest paying station, starting photogs at around $37,900. I only know that because a photog that had started there around that time told me what he made. The CW station that was dead last in news ratings and only had a 5:30p and 9pm newscast, started at $45,000. I know that number was cut significantly when the CW station changed formats in 2012. That's been 4 years ago so things may have changed but I doubt it. I don't know what the other stations pay photogs but I know its a lot more than WFAA. Any WFAA photogs currently there, feel free to correct me if things have changed.

Land Rover

If anything there's probably some correlation of low morale with Gannett buying Belo's TV properties a couple of years ago. I've never worked for Gannett but I know some folks in Dallas and Austin that were worried about what it would mean.

PallMall

If anything there's probably some correlation of low morale with Gannett buying Belo's TV properties a couple of years ago. I've never worked for Gannett but I know some folks in Dallas and Austin that were worried about what it would mean.

That's my understanding of the situation in Dallas. They went from being the Mothership under Belo to being just another television station under Gannett/Tegna. They still do good work at WFAA, but not as good as when the legends worked there.

I had friends at KVUE when Belo bought them from Gannett and they didn't like that change at all because Gannett treated them very well. Belo did not. Now, Tegna has picked up where Belo left off with many, many of its stations, including KVUE.