Viva Las Vegas 2014 NAB

Big Photog

Just rolled in...
How was the first day?
Any must see's

Is the informal alumi meeting still on for Tuesday night?
Monte Carlo ?
Time ?
Dave

Starman

I'm not there, but I have been drooling over the Blackmagic camera with interchangeable sensors. Finally a solution where you can have a broadcast camera with 2/3 inch ENG lenses and a Cine-style camera with EF mount lenses in the same body. Very attractive and cost-effective. And the viewfinder is HUGE.

Tv Shooter

I'm not there, but I have been drooling over the Blackmagic camera with interchangeable sensors. Finally a solution where you can have a broadcast camera with 2/3 inch ENG lenses and a Cine-style camera with EF mount lenses in the same body. Very attractive and cost-effective. And the viewfinder is HUGE.

Available this time next year. They just started shipping the 4K BM camera, which still does not shoot 4k raw, have yet to fix firmware in the Cinema Camera.

So if this is the solution.....you're working the wrong problem. I own the BMCC....while it has some nice things about it, it has a lot of issues still. And BM is in no hurry to fix them.

Tv Shooter

Meet up at Monte Carlo moved to 8pm. I have a business meeting to attend prior to getting there. Although feel free to hit the pub early.

When I get there, I should be at the front bar. If you're not sure, ask Rob the bartender (Rob will have a Mohawk of sorts) where I am.

ariya

Finally a solution where you can have a broadcast camera with 2/3 inch ENG lenses and a Cine-style camera with EF mount lenses in the same body. Very attractive and cost-effective. And the viewfinder is HUGE.