Toyota Prius Acceleration issue Software says Wozniak

grinner

I don't think anyone has bought the whole accelerator pedal thing as reason for th recall. It's obviously a software issue.
As I mentioned in a previous thread, we now pay to beta test things. We've allowed this to happen.

grinner

It's not a huge thing, really. They are sending out recall letters then upload a quick patch.
If you are one of those who see comuter-run cars as a down side, the upside is the ability to mod much cheaper than with bolt ons. I can tell you I spent several thousands of dollars modding my car with bolt ons like long tube headers, hiflo cats, magnaflow exhaust, top of the line ainr intake. throttle body spacer, ported and polished indy heads, ect. Shaved about a second and a half in the quater. lol
Then, with just software I reprogrammed the shift points, mph limit, octain preferences, and deleted traction control via a Superchips Flashpaq I got in trade for making a video of the "installation" and shaved another second and a half. That's cool, to me.
Every car has TSBs. American makers are simply advertising foreign TSBs today because they still elect not to compete with product.

Alaska_steadicam

Did anyone else feel it was a bit ironic that Wozniak complained that his Iphone dropped two calls while he was trying to tell Toyota about their bugs? I suppose at least it wasn't Bill Gates calling.

McQueen

Japanese mfg is notorius for not advertising TSB's... they just fix them when you take it in for an oil change.That way it keeps their JD Power surveys at the top.

It's not a huge thing, really. They are sending out recall letters then upload a quick patch.
If you are one of those who see comuter-run cars as a down side, the upside is the ability to mod much cheaper than with bolt ons. I can tell you I spent several thousands of dollars modding my car with bolt ons like long tube headers, hiflo cats, magnaflow exhaust, top of the line ainr intake. throttle body spacer, ported and polished indy heads, ect. Shaved about a second and a half in the quater. lol
Then, with just software I reprogrammed the shift points, mph limit, octain preferences, and deleted traction control via a Superchips Flashpaq I got in trade for making a video of the "installation" and shaved another second and a half. That's cool, to me.
Every car has TSBs.
PHP:
American makers are simply advertising foreign TSBs today because they still elect not to compete with product