The Real Truth - Why Osama Loves Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimG

Wow you guys have been busy since last I checked in.

Here's what I suggest. Let's try a new thread. This one will be about Osama and his tactics and the War on Terror and what we do to win it. If anyone has something meaningful to contribute let's let them join in and we'll have a nice conversation. If anyone just wants to say; "You suck because you hate America, and I'm gonna tell your boss and get you fired." Just ignore them. I mean it. No response. Just pretend the comment wasn't made.

I don't mean to be condescending but having read 5 pages of that last thread it was pathetic to see how Lake4 just spouted the same crap and watch it devolve into a you-said-he-said cat fight. Do you think he sincerely wanted a dialog or do you think he was just trying to get a rise out of you? Remember. He started that thread.

With that said, let me extend an olive branch to our nemesis - I would love to find a conservative that could articulately explain their opinions and constructively express why they disagree with mine. That would be of real value to me.

. . . and with the hope that this thread also doesn't devolve into name calling, some ground rules:

1. We all love America. All of us - Liberals, Conservatives and those "On-the-Fence".

2. If anyone gets mad, no one is going to call anyone else's boss and try to get them fired . . . . or threaten them with bodily harm.

3. We all have a deep respect for our soldiers - those "boots on the ground" in Iraq and elsewhere. All of us spouting our self-satisfied nonsense realize this and any opinions against the use of force in Iraq or elsewhere should not be construed as calling Marines; "baby killers".

Anyways here's my opinion:

The best thing that ever happened to Osama Bin Laden and al Queda was the invasion of Iraq. It legitimized al Queda and allowed Osama Bin Laden to rationalize his terrorist tactics as a "defense to Islam against the invading infidels". Hamas was able to gain control over Palestine using the same tactics. Israel used/uses extreme force in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon - killing thousands of innocent noncombatants and the result is that extremists are main-streamed - gladly voted into office by the surviving members of families killed by Israeli attacks.

We are making the same mistakes in Iraq. Due to our government's insistence on using blunt force to fight the war on terror we have mainstreamed many of the world's extremist organizations. Before Bush took control, al Queda had very little international support. Now people come from around the world to swell it's ranks and governments in The Middle East can no longer publicly denounce them for fear of losing popularity. The truth is al Queda and Osma Bin Laden are more powerful and popular today than they have ever been. I would argue that this is directly due to the Bush Administration's foreign policies and assert that the worst thing we can do in our attempt to win this war is continue those policies. I would contend that we must focus on stabilizing Iraq and Afghanistan through peaceful negotiations. This will take high-level negotiations with other Middle Eastern countries, in particular, Iran and Syria. We must bring peace to Iraq and Afghanistan and through peace, prove that democracy can survive in the Middle East. From what I've read, this was the Neo-Con's goal by invading Iraq in the first place. Their strategy was to plant the seed of Democracy in this theocratic / monarchy-ridden area of the world in order to help stabilize the area politically. What they failed to perceive was how serious the Sunni-Shiite conflict was and that is why we are bogged down in Iraq.

Even so, I believe we must clean up the Bush Administration's mess. We must stay-the-course. We must stabilize Iraq if we wish to win this war on Terror and marginalize al Queda. Extremists thrive amidst conflict. They need it to maintain their control. Pulling out now would, as Lake4 says, "create a blood-bath" and it would also create a haven for any and all extremist organizations in the world - a lawless country mired in bloody civil war.

BUT! Despite what Mr. Lake4 would have you believe, Osama Bin Laden is very aware that his recruitment successes over the past years are directly due to the actions of the Bush Administration. This idea that Bin Laden likes Democrats is crap. He hates us. We stand for everything he and his warped sense of the teachings of the Koran despise. Namely, separation of church and state, freedom of religion, freedom of sexual preference, women's rights. The list goes on. I guarantee you that Bin Laden has more in common with neo-conservatives and would feel more comfortable at a GOP convention than hanging out with your generic liberal at a coffee shop. He wants the Republicans to maintain control in the US. He knows that our current foreign policy is critical to his success and he also understands that in order for that policy to continue, Republicans must win the elections. This is why he went public less than a week before the primaries. He wants to hurt the Democrats anyway he can and he knows that publicly "supporting them" or suggesting support is a great way to achieve it.

Tim

Latin Lens

I agree with some of your points TimG.....very well thought out.

I have tried not to get too involved with these kinds of threads because it gets personal sometimes.....too personal.

But I think all of the U.S. is the enemy. Anyone with "freedom" or the idea of being "free" is the enemy to al Queda. We do need to at some point help with Mid East conflicts but not to the extent of warfare. When will the world learn that this not the answer. War does not fix anything. Its a shame our troops are in harms way over lies, revenge, whatever you want to call it.

Its weird to see how communistic our country has become after 9-11 (I know some people will get mad about that comment), but its true. Especially after all the legislation Congress passes to "spy" on its own citizens.

Whats right....whats wrong.....nobody knows. Its what makes the world go 'round. Agree to disagree is all that its about.

RDmischief

Communistic?

Its weird to see how communistic our country has become after 9-11 (I know some people will get mad about that comment), but its true. Especially after all the legislation Congress passes to "spy" on its own citizens.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but communism is predominately an economic theology. From now on, when you want to use the word communism (or communistic) to describe an oppressive regime, try Facist or facism. That fits more with the Big Brother, "spy" on the populous ideas you are suggesting.

Otherwise, I think you're right. The government has used the tragedy of 9-11 to subtely strip us of our rights and "freedoms." Keep your eyes open in the days to come.

My mantra: If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention

lake4

Describing an American citizen who attacks the integrity of our troops fighting in Iraq, (a DEFACTO accusation akin to murder), which many in the left wing circus have actually said and Jax inferred here, in the same breath with "We all love America. All of us - Liberals, Conservatives and those "On-the-Fence", is as ridiculous as you thinking that saying " let me extend an olive branch to our nemesis," and wanting to "set ground rules," that censor what you feel has been a "pathetic," opposition to your obvious liberal left wing views. If you read only half of whats been said in those 5 pages you saw things you fail to mention specifically said to me and the few others who feel as i do, but you site specific examples of things said by people whose views dont match your own. It's not called a debate, or a conversation when you set yourself up as the "moderator," of sorts and then spouts out his view that saying someone who attacks the integrity of our soldiers in times of war or not, unAmerican, unpatriotic, and aiding and comforting the enemys of our country. It is EXACTLY that and no amount of you ignoring me, or anyone else for saying it is going to lessen the fact that it's as low a stoop as any human being can go.

This is nothing more than a thread for the left to feel more comfortable in spouting their anti-American rehtoric. Yes, that really is what it is when in times of war your voice comforts the enemy. That enemy has every intention of recruiting more and more of you to chop away at the resolve that our president, and our military have to rid the world of those who are dead set determined to change who we are, and how we live. You may disaggree with this view and thats your right, but you will never silence my support of our countrys efforts to rid the world of our enemy.

One other thing in reference to "peaceful negotiations.." How many hugs and hand shakes does it take to get people who celebrate the abuse of women, children, and cut the heads off people to get them to change their method of operation ?

Last edited:

Latin Lens

Not trying to be a d!ck, but communism is predominately an economic theology. From now on, when you want to use the word communism (or communistic) to describe an oppressive regime, try Facist or facism. That fits more with the Big Brother, "spy" on the populous ideas you are suggesting.

Otherwise, I think you're right. The government has used the tragedy of 9-11 to subtely strip us of our rights and "freedoms." Keep your eyes open in the days to come.

My mantra: If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention
You are correct.....very good point. Thanks

Jax

This is nothing more than a thread for the left to feel more comfortable in spouting their anti-American rehtoric. Yes, that really is what it is when in times of war your voice comforts the enemy.
Speak out against the war, be labled anti-American.
Speak against civilian caused deaths by the U.S., be called a troop hater and have someone try and get you fired...
Provide numbers, facts, reports and articles supporting your stance, you're aiding the enemy...

As was metioned earlier...

fas·cism (fāsh'ĭz'm)
n.
often Fascism
A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Sounds like Lake4 to me...

One more (just for the hell of it...)

big·ot [big-uht]
–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.