the end is..blah blah whatever

Latin Lens

Great job with this...very entertaining...great story structure and info...nice editing and nats. Yeah...it ends on a soundbite but at that point her sentence was so adamant you had to see her face saying it so I don't see that it took anything away. I could have done without the stick mic but thats just me and my preference to wireless lavs. Great story.

Teddy

Yikes! That was exhausting. That was a very long peice with a very frantic style and very little substance. Please take mercy on your viewers. No one can watch 6 minutes of video shot by a dude having a seizure.

There is still a place in this world for steady sequenced video. What happened to the wide shots? How about establishing any location? How about shots that relate to eachother in a meaningfull way other than they are moving unnecessaraly and similarly composed. Lot's of wallpaper that didn't need to be.

What's up with the sax player? You introduced him at the begining and returned to him at the end. How was he relevant to the story? Was he just there because you thought a little music would be neato? Don't introduce an element that you don't intend to explain.

Why the re-creation video in the middle of the piece? Very odd.

Did you shoot the entire story, or did you get called away on breaking news and someone else shot one interview for you and you were unable to communicate the style of the story? It's important to maintain an overall look and integrity to the story. It is unseemly when you treat different points of view in drastically different manners of shooting. It's unfair to the people you are interviewing and unfair to your viewers.

It's great to have lots of tools in the bag, it's more important to know when to use them and when to leave them in the bag for another day.