Texas wildfires

Latin Lens

Wow...this is a nice little improvement with your work. I can tell right off the bat that you and your reporter worked completely together...held the reveal to just the right moment which is a step forward for you both. Nice solar flare shot...I love those...lens might have had some scratches or dirt but it doesn't take away too much for me. But I still find the need to help you out just a little becuase you're doing things right but they are just slightly off...and that's where practice, practice, practice and independent critiques will come into play. Here's what I am talking about:

It is hard to shoot musicals and theater becuase there is so much going on and they rarely do the samething twice or atleast not for awhile so its tough...just be careful when you do tight shots of action edited to a wide shot with a totally different place in the scene...can look like a jumpcut but its tough to work around yes, but thats where ultratights of dresses flaring out or lots in out of frame movement disguises the place in the scene to get around that stuff...the side mirror intv soundbite is cool but I think its out of context because there's either not a line setting it up or a real reason for it...and thats just personal preference...love the shot just not the context. I think getting the arrival at the gym and walking in would have really added an element for you guys...but this is a nice step forward. Way better storytell and structure to see you are working on things...good job, nice effort. Keep this up. Oh and I think just to get some info out of this feature...you could have added a little more info about the wildfires to make it informational just a tad bit more to help deepen the meaning of why they had to practice at the gym and why its a relief to make it to the park stage.

skr1ll

Much better.

In an effort to avoid repeating what LL said above, I'll leave it at that.

Close-ups and super-wides change everything.