Sweeps story...

xtender

Hey All,

I have a sweeps pkg up for you to critique...its upwards of 7min...its too big for Vimeo...here is the link..kinda www.krgv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx
look to the lower left side and you will see the "investigations" box...it will be the first story "Riding the Rails"

let me know if you guys have problems with it....i'll compress it if I need too, in order to post it on vimeo...

thanks!!!

KFobe02

That was really interesting, I had no idea that trains were taken over like that. How did you get the under the track shot? Did you use a go-pro camera?

Fobe

Latin Lens

First off...this story is way too long to keep me entertained. I think it needs to be cut down. I probably could have done this in about 4 mins and it would have had more impact...the reason this applies to you is because of the length...there is way too much repeat shots...way too much boring wallpapery video...the longer the story the harder to keep it fresh and moving...you needed alot more video to sustain it. I believe there is file video or video not shot by you...no super confirming this because thats kinda misleading...There was also too many basic editing techniques broken in this piece...saw some axis breaking, went from action to inaction shots...you need to shoot more sequences to avoid these basic mistakes...take the oppurtunity when you have it and shot and then overshoot as much as yo can...all that video comes in handy in the edit bay. You have some skill...we just need to mold it a little better. Investigations are hard because you need to think more creatively to keep it entertaining...its what I do at my station...so I know the challenges. Good effort...just fell a bit short.