Someone needs to take a chill pill...

dhart

http://www.breitbart.tv/congressman-assaults-student-on-washington-sidewalk/

From the congressman's point of view I can understand how it might not be fun to run a gauntlet of "citizen journalists" every time you go for a walk. Or maybe the congressman was having a really bad day. Kind of reminds of the line in the old Who song..."who the f are you?" or perhaps Dan Rather's famous run in "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" In any event apparently no peeps were really harmed, but I suspect neither had their questions answered. I wonder why the kid blurred out his face on the video?

grinner

Those students displayed MUCH patience with that mean old man. I would have laid his ass out.
This is no different than Bjork kicking ass when her picture is taken. If not diggin' the lime light, man don't seek it out.

Rad

This thread should probably be moved out of the general fourum...

This is my problem with the video... why hide the kids face? if you are going to question the congressman, and put it out there on the internet, then you should be willing to show your face too!

Instead, now every TV station in the state will air this video, and the kid gets to skate.

Rad

If not diggin' the lime light, man don't seek it out.
That's my point exactly about hiding the kids face.

Wonder if they tried to make an appointment to talk with congressman first before catching him on the street?

SamG

This is my problem with the video... why hide the kids face? if you are going to question the congressman, and put it out there on the internet, then you should be willing to show your face too!

Instead, now every TV station in the state will air this video, and the kid gets to skate.
Why does the "kid get to skate"? What he did (as a citizen) should not have prompted that kind of reaction. The kid blurring his face could do it for any reason he wants to. If a congressman acted like that to a station/network/freelance crew, everyone on this board would be calling for his head. It shouldn't make a difference WHO was asking the question/shooting the video. If the Congressman didn't want to answer, keep walking. Or simply say "I'll answer your question when you tell me who you represent".

SamG

I don't understand this either. If it turns into a Democrat vs. Republican thread, then maybe. However, I don't see how anyone should (someone in the world will but that's not the point) make it a partisan argument.

Having it in the general forum = more eyes on the thread. Hopefully younger crews will learn how to act (and you've got to admit the camera guy/reporter kept his cool) by watching the video. I don't know that many will see the thread in Uncensored. I never even look down here.

Sore Shoulder

Etheridge Apologizes
But like most of these apologies I feel it's an "I'm sorry I looked like an ass and got caught" apology.

Etheridge lost his temper for no reason, but the students handled the situation well. But I do wish they would file charges.

Sean-1966

He should be charged. If they were just a couple punks running around on the street I might feel bad for the Congressman but it looks like the kids were dressed professionally, at least better than I would have been dressed.

Teddy

From the video I'm not sure these students even know who they were talking to. They're just standing around waiting to ambush anyone with a member of congress pin on their lapel. What did they expect? They set up a random ambush and got a random ambush on tape.

Sure the congressman acted inappropriately, but I would hide my face as well if I was responsible for making that video.

dhart

This has been a test of the b-roll.net monitoring system. It was only a test. We now return to me finding out the best new HD camera I should buy :). Kevin, I hope monitoring does not take up too much of your time, but I think the members will get the idea pretty quick what is allowed and what is not.