Shooting HS Ball

• Thread starter <FootballRookie>
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

(Sin)ical

So many good tips already...so take them and use them. This is probably a no brainer, but always work the home team sideline. I like shooting from the field for regular season...mostly because it looks better, but partly because it's run n gun to a lot of games. When you get down to the playoffs...shoot all over! I like to start by the fieldhouse, and fall in line with the team running out onto the field. It's a nice NFL films syle of p.o.v. of the players's biggest game. Generally you'll pass through a tunnel of fans and capture the excitement, plus it's fun to let the viewer run through the banner. I love the big "go team" shot from under the huddle, then crane move up to the coach cheering the team onto the field. I like to go up high after a few plays, and get the shot of a fan cheering on the action from the stands.(another p.o.v.) Now the mood is set for the action of the big game. Since you've shot all season, and used the tips given on this thread...the action is a given and your highlights look great. The big game is told through the cutaways of emotion on the players, fans, cheerleaders, band, and the coach. These people have supported this team all year, and deserve at least 20 frames in between highlights. You'll find one of those shots wherever you are on the field. If you're in the end zone...it will be the players...and then the cheerleaders. When you're on the sidelines..it will be the fans and coach. I always look for a shot of the linemen getting water when I'm by the team. Don't forget about the band...they are as much of the game atmoshpere as anybody. You can get some nice shots of the fans in the background...while a tight shot of the flag chore waves in your foreground. When the game is over...look for the agony of defeat as much as the jubilation of winning. I guess what I'm saying is to be as excited about the game as everyone else who is there. In the end you'll feel like you played a full game yourself, but you'll have shot the package of your life...and it was all you. I love shooting sports. It's great practice for the shoulder, and it's a lot less stressful just following a ball. Excluding the agony of defeat shots or botched plays...you really never hurt anyone by putting them on television. It's a nice vacation from news. Keep shooting sports...it may take you somewhere you never would have imagined. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.