Securing Camera

N.Klaeser

The station I work for doesn't have cases for the cameras so they end up either on the back seat or in the rear of the vehicle.
I was considering purchasing a Sony quick release plate and securing to some sort of wood so I can click it into place in the rear of the vehicle.
Has anyone have any experience with some sort of arrangement?

FeedingFrenzy

Hopefully you have a camera bag to store the camera. Loop a locking cable thru the handles of the bag and on top of the camera. You can usually secure the cable to one of the baby seat latch buried somewhere behind the rear seats.

1911A1

I've used Porta Brace Quick Draw cases for nearly 25 years. I put one of my Steadybags in the bottom of the case, which helps to cushion the camera.

engphotog21

We did the camera plate on the hunk of wood at one of my old stations in Las Vegas and it worked very well. Just have to make sure to use a wide piece of wood to give you stability. Most stations have some old plates laying around, so I would check around with engineering or something before you buy your own... or they may even have some old cases in storage. I can't believe your shop is cool with the cameras just bouncing around in the trunk. That's nuts, you should never have to put your own money into keeping their stuff intact.

N.Klaeser

I'am in complete agreement with you. Even though, it's not your equipment (meaning you purchased it) you should respect it because you depend on it to capture accurate footage. Baffles my mind.

Sportsguy

I'd second M1911A1 on this and recommend a Porta-Brace Quick Draw. What type of camera are you shooting? Depending on the size, there are a ton of pretty cheap used cases out there on eBay.