quick turn

TXTechPhoto

Well it looks like a standard Miami quick-turn. Good job getting it done under those deadlines, I know its tough in that market with no truck op. However, nothing awful but nothing great either, but im not a fan of the Miami shaky cam, snap zoom without motivation style; so I might not be the best judge.

Was the surveillance video shot off the shoulder?? Didn't really like the ramped speed video either. Also I don't like the snap zoom to the surv. cameras, shot from off the shoulder.

But maybe I am critiquing this incorrectly, what type of style are ya after: Traditional, "Nppa" or Miami style?

j.k.livin

yea I should have shot the survelliance off the sticks(didn't know there was survelliance) just on such a time crunch I didnt have time to go back in to re-shoot(have producers calling bitching for tease video and what not),,i agree the speed up didn't work well, mainly cause it wasnt on sticks,, I wanted to show all the cars that were getting free gas (maybe I could have dissolved into all the different cars.) That shot to the survilleance camera was actually on sticks,,I kinda liked that shot actually,,it went well w/ the track..I do need to work on going into every shoot knowing how I'm going to shoot it (NPPA style or not), it seems I have a few composed shots mixed with a lot of moving shots which can be distracting...something I'll have to work on...

PhotoHawk

I like the live shot. Having him walk behind the camera then coming back to him was almost magical. "how'd he do that!?" Well done. Did you have to use a wireless mic?