Podium Microphone Clips

tvwcyj

Where do I find those microphone goosnecks that have the clamps that are used for podium applications

focusthis

Start by looking under B-roll's LINKS tab on the left to find B&H Photo / Video. Good variety of gear there (with plenty of pix). Also, a search for audio gear or accessories should result in a bunch of sources, and LOTS of opinions!

cameradog

Last time I ordered one, I got it from Photomart in Florida. I ordered the full kit for $100 (second one down), but they also sell the individual pieces if you don't want everything in the kit. I would get the kit, though. I used everything in it.

cameradog

I tried to get a Rowi clamp a year or two ago and I think they've been discontinued.
The Rowi 76 and 79 clamps have been discontinued. Rowi is still making one that is more expensive and has a heavier design.

A couple of other companies have taken advantage of the confusion and entered the market with their own clamps. The one I have seen most often in the field to replace the Rowi is this thing:

Ultraclamp

That's actually supposed to be a camera clamp, but it is being repurposed for audio. You can actually buy it at REI, the outdoors store, for $24, but notice that it comes ready for a still camera and would still need an adapter, gooseneck and mic clip for audio purposes. Amazon has it for $25.

Note that as of right now, Photomart is still listing their version of the Rowi 76 on their website. I'm not sure if the one they sell is an actual Rowi brand clamp, but it is EXACTLY the same design as the Rowi 76. If that thing isn't actually a Rowi, I used one for years and never realized it. The one above IS cheaper, but the kit that Photomart sells has more sh*t in it that comes in handy all the time.

DeanCSmith

UltraClamp

If you liked the ROWI & the UltraClamp • I've taken it one step further.
I had the little plastic arm on the UltraClamp strip out on me,
so I added a few components from RAM mounts.
Now it's ENG Tough!

http://bit.ly/MicClamp