Photog Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesster

"Name that dispatcher"
Must listen to the scanner and give the trunking ID plus what department the dispatcher works for.

"10-code naming."
must correctly decipher what the 10-codes mean.

SeattleShooter

Shooting riots. You will be subjected to tear gas, and bean bags all at the same time shooting hand held LIVE! Watch out for that anarchist behind you!

How fast can you answer a page?

Open and go through 20 doors with all your hands full! You got lights, camera, extra bats, tape, tripod, and other crap!

Keep your eye on the viewfinder. How long can you keep your eye on the viewfinder even with other photogs crowding your space and shot? (summer Olympics)

How about seeing how long it would take to place a lav on a hot chick you are going to interview? For the lady photogs how about a hot man? Now the wire cant be seen.

Shaky & Blue

Originally posted by SeattleShooter:
Shooting riots. You will be subjected to tear gas, and bean bags all at the same time shooting hand held LIVE! Watch out for that anarchist behind you!
To take that one step further, has everyone seen The Running Man? Arnold Schwarzenegger is put into a reality television game show where he has to fight his way through an obstacle course full of villains trying to kill him. Perhaps we wouldn't need the villains to try to actually kill the photog contestants, but you could set your riot show up like the Running Man contest, with several photog contestants released into the playing area at once, all trying to get out with a story.

Actually, if you think about it, a photog games festival in the spirit of the lumberjack games wouldn't be that bad an idea. Most of the ideas here have been tongue in cheekc, but we really could hold a yearly competition to be hosted by a different station each year, with athletic competitions inspired by the job itself. They have this kind of thing for lumberjacks, Celts, electrical linemen and probably several other groups, so why not us?

(By the way, I'm not volunteering to organize it. ;) )

Y

<yellowbeta>

How about the 10 min. sprint?

With 10 min. before air, have a reporter give you a 1:30 pkg. You could score on how close the photog was to finishing before deadline hit and if someone actually made it, how good the story ended up looking.

I know 10 min. is a lot of time, I figure that would enable most photogs to make it past the first hurdle. And if they didn't make, we could keep it true to life and have a guest ND yell in there face until the end of the day.

2000lux

I've often thought we should have a live truck operator rodeo here. Manuver the truck through an obstacle course. Who can hit the tower with the most bounces. Who can set up a live shot the fastest...

I've heard of bus and truck drivers doing similar competitions.

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.